måndag 2 juli 2007

Gracias por la musica papa


When I was about 9 or 10 years old I found a treasure under my dad's childhood bed. It was a box full of 7" singles. It was here that my love for music and vinyl started. I heard so much beautiful music that I had never heard before. I came into a whole new world of existence. The records had been forgotten in that room for so many years just collecting dust. I took them all the way from Spain to Sweden. When I started to collect records for real I understood what a gold treasure my dad had left me. So here's a mix you don't often hear on blogs. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. Post me a comment!

Gracias por la musica papa, te lo debo hasta que me muero.

Thank you dad for the music

Tracklist:

Ismael - Cuestion de piel (Odeon, 1972)

Aute - Aleluya No. 1 (RCA Victor, 1967)

Juan Manuel Serrat - El Titiritero (Novola, 1968)

Manolo Diaz - Postguerra (Sonoplay, 1967)

Adamo - Tombe la neige (La voz de su amo, 1964)

Il Guardiano Del Faro - Amore Grande, Amore Libero (RCA Victor, 1975)

Jean Pierre Posit - Saint Blas (Ariola, 1977)

Banzaï dansé par Les Clodettes - Rythm America (Zafiro, 1976)

Tabou Combo - Inflacion (Barclay, 1976)

Dr. Feelgood - Keep It Out Of Sight (Live at Southend) (United Artists, 1976)

Billy Swan - I Can Help (Monument, 1974)

George Harrison - My Sweet Lord (Odeon, 1970)

The Beatles - Old Brown Shoe (Apple, 1969)

Rare Earth - Get Ready (Rare Earth, 1966)

Jackie Wilson - The Who Who Song (Decca, 1963)

The Jackson Five - ABC (Tamla Motown, 1970)

The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back (Tamla Motown, 1969)

Ray Charles - Mess Around (Belter, 1961)

Yoko Ono - Why (Odeon, 1971)

Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (bp, 1976)

Sly & The Family Stone - Thank You (Epic, 1970)

The Temptations - Ball of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today) (Tamla Motown, 1970)

The Beatles - Day Tripper (Odeon, 1966)

The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road (Odeon, 1970)

The labels and years after each song is what is stated on the records and is not necessarily the original label and year.

Inga kommentarer: