söndag 9 augusti 2009

The Temptations - Don't Look Back



It's time for a little bit of that Motown sound again. This time with The Temptations. By the time the single My Baby / Don't Look Back first came out in September 1965 they were already big stars with hits as My Girl, It's Growing and The Way You Do The Things You Do. One of the main factors for their early success was the Smokey Robinson production that characterized their songs so much. This was their third Smokey hit in a row, and it was not only the A-side that hit the charts, the strong B-side Don't Look Back made it as well.
For me it's Don't Look Back that is the main song on this single and it is also the first time in a long time with Paul Williams on lead vocals which I think makes this song so special. The first time I heard this song though was on the version that Peter Tosh and Mick Jagger recorded in 1978 to the classic LP Bush Doctor. I always loved that song, but the original motown version is the best. Take a listen for yourself.

The Temptations - Don't Look Back /mediafire
from the 7" My Baby / Don't Look Back (Gordy 1965)

Inga kommentarer: